Saturday, February 14, 2009

Progress this week...

It's always nice to be able to draw a line through some items on your UFO list.  This is a quilt I started fairly recently - Oct 08 -  A 4 Patch Stacked Posie with 4 sizes of squares set on point using one of the Posh fabrics and a yellow fusions as background.  As it is it measures 78 x 94.  I still need to add a 3 or 4 inch border of the background fabric - but it's fine for now for display at the shop.

Posh 4PSP 014

I also finished this one that has been around for awhile - another 4 Patch Stacked Posie I started in Jan 07 but only completed 9 of the blocks - enough to use as a sample for classes.

I actually found another 1.5 yards of the Hoffman Vintage Garden floral online and have ordered it...  I'd like to use this on my king size bed - so I'll put on a black border to frame this and then add the floral to make the whole thing big enough.

4PSP Log Cabin 008

4PSP Log Cabin 014 

A fruitful week - considering I'm still tired - but I'm getting better each day.

I also ran into the knitting shop - she had stuff on sale and figured it was a good time to pick something else up.  I bought 2 of the sock weight yarns and smaller double pointed needles to use with the toe up pattern I'm taking a class on.  I started this last night and hope to get this sock knitted up to the heal part over the weekend.

socks 002

On Monday our class continues and we will turn the heal - this denim looking blue DK weight sock is all ready to go back to class.

socks 001

I won't be buying any more sock yarn until I get these done... I figure once I know what I'm doing it will probably go along pretty quickly.  Probably should have taken a beginners class... I laughed inside my head when the shop owner said something about gauge... and I just stood there and smiled because I haven't got a clue... not even a hint. 

I see a beginners class in my future...

No comments: