Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blast off in 3, 2,...

1!  Yeah! I've got all the fabric cut out and organized.  There are lots of pieces here... LOL

double delight ready

I'm ready to start sewing... but I'll tell you it wasn't easy to get to this point.

Look at my very favorite strip cutting ruler type thing in the whole wide world...

warped ruler 001

warped ruler 007

Mmmm yep - it's not my picture taking skills - that ruler is warped.  I can't tell you how careful I was about not letting my sewing stuff get packed into the PODS when we moved... apparently I missed the container my 3 Shape Cut rulers were packed in.  It probably wouldn't have been so bad but those PODS were packed top to bottom with nary a space - and whatever was put on top of this container squashed the heck out of it.  I still used it as it isn't too terrible at the front end - but was too wavy and warped past the 10" mark to be really reliable to cut there.  The original shorter one is toast - completely warped and the even smaller Quarter Cut I don't think is useable but I almost never used it anyway.  They can't be salvaged as it appears heat was involved in their demise - do  you suppose it was the 90 degree weather we had the week we had them delivered here??  LOL

I looked at Joanns the other day but they don't have this FQ size one that I love the most... only the shorter one.  I hate the thought of paying full price... maybe I'll look online and see what I come up with.  I really love this ruler.

OK I'm off to sew!  See Ya!

No comments: