Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who'd a Thunk?

Just a few snippets of rambling thoughts here this morning... I'll see if I can be brief... <not easy for me>

Anyhoo... Who'd a Thunk that 'mid-morning' would mean 8:30 AM?  Until this morning it wouldn't have been me.  But as I stood in the kitchen cutting up an apple to go with some peanut butter for my 'mid-morning snack' I had to laugh.  I had a breakfast of 2 slices of french toast at 5:00 AM and I'm starving already.  Yesterday I didn't stop for a snack and then managed to graze my way through the rest of the day... unable to satisfy that rumbly in my tumbly.

In addition to feeding The Engineer before he left - I've cleaned the kitchen, washed 3 loads of laundry, dried 2 to far, folded 3 (don't go doing the math now - some was left from yesterday) and am pondering a couple more... as I type this it's not yet 9:00 AM.  I have also piddled away some time reading blogs, checking email... and I wondered why some of these folks hadn't posted yet??  Yeah it was a duh moment for me... hello it's only 6:00 AM.

A funny visual from the other day - another one of those times I wished I'd had a camera.  As I'm driving home from the quilt shop I usually pass this small herd of dairy cows.  I don't usually pay them much mind - they are just there - although as cows go I'm sure they are 'outstanding in their field'... LOL sorry... couldn't help myself.  Anyway - as I approach this field the other day I notice one single cow running across the field toward the farm.  Have you seen a dairy cow run?  Ain't nothing funnier than a DAIRY COW RUNNING!  Really - cows just don't run gracefully anyway... and with a FULL udder... well... I'm just saying! 

Today... I'm sewing for a few hours... then headed over to Mrs. B's house (my neighbor) after lunch to make sauerkraut.  I didn't get pictures of the 'making sauerkraut' last time - so I'll take my camera today.  I did blog about my first experience in homemade sauerkraut last December.

I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to today.  I finished off my last jar of kraut a couple weeks ago - now I know I've only got to wait another 6 weeks for more!  Mmmm Yummy!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi. I've done that myself, gotten up extra early (why I don't know) and then wonder why nobody's posting, the dogs are looking at me in anticipation of what? (shouldn't we still be in our beds)and I get tons done, of course I would be on the couch napping in the afternoon. The kraut making sounds interesting, looking forward to your pictures.