I'm killing a couple fabric birds this week.
For the winter teaching cycle I've picked out an applique project out of Kim Diehl's new book "Simple Comforts". We are expecting a new Moda Civil War line later in November that I can use in this project but in order to get started now and make sure things are really scrappy I pulled from the Civil War reproductions I have been collecting over the years. This quilt is called Peas in a Pod... easy little curves to applique that I've been able to prep in advance and then work on while The Engineer and I watch some TV in the evenings.
I've pulled about 2 yards of reproductions from my stash... which only goes to offset the 2 yards of background fabric I had to buy... LOL Here is my start - I wanted to complete a few of each blocks with what I had on hand. The rest of the applique I'll just put one or two curves on each block so that I can add some from the new fabric when it comes in.
And since I'm loving most of what's in the Simple Comforts book... I decided to use this book for my "Pick a Number Challenge".
I'll tell you later in the week about the challenge (you could join the challenge if you like) - but for today I'll tell you that I've pulled 6 yards of fabrics out of my stash for that project.
Still no update on the spreadsheet...
This week :
- 2 yards Purchased
- 8 yards Used