Saturday, May 9, 2009

Getting to Know the Neighbors...

This is our first spring here in the Stone House.

We have some new neighbors moving in.  I took a peek in to see how the decorating was going...bird nest 002

She's very frugal and doesn't seem to mind using cast offs from others.  I'm a little concerned that she's using my side porch roll up shade... which means I won't be able too.  But our big bird house/garden shed is being repaired - so I'll let her stay until I can evict her with a clear conscious.  

Spring 4-09 bunny

 

This little fella was hanging out in my way back yard the other day when I was checking the fruit trees.  I've seen him a few times in passing - or was it one of his cousins?  I think he's waiting to see if I'm going to be planting anything yummy out there this year... 

 

I do have some 'fishy' looking neighbors...

Candle Light Hoover But at least they are quiet... although rather hungry now that they have returned from their winter hiatus in the bottom of the pond.  Candle - large grey on the left... Light - orange flame color in the middle... and Hoover - dark grey catfish on the right.  My granddaughter named Candle & Light...

I named Hoover after watching him eat...

He is certainly what we use to call a "keeper" when I was a kid and we went fishing!  LOL  He is a beauty!Hoover Cameo

I was only able to get these pictures because I've removed the reed and lily plants to have them repotted... Hoover doesn't have any place to hide right now... he does look a little upset about that don't ya think?

Hoover and Candle are easily 12 inches long... I'd like to figure out a way to measure them.  Maybe I can put a ruler in the bottom of the pond or along the ledge where they swim... hmmmm?

1 comment:

Gizmo said...

They are awesome! You have a regular sanctuary started there. Are you going to add some Trout too? ;)