Saturday, March 9, 2013

Felted Easter Eggs

I wanted to add some pictures of the eggs I have finished up to this point.

I did have a few that didn’t felt well – not enough stuffing in them – so now I know a little more is better than a little less.  And I had one that the innards felted up but the shell apparently wasn’t a feltable wool… it was a leftover that I guessed wrong on.

Here is a batch right out of the washer… a little more round than egg shaped.  I ran them through the salad spinner to remove excess water as the washer was set for no spin.

100_0492

Then I gently rolled them into more of an egg shape.

100_0495

I put some of the white ones from the first batch into a pot of water with 1/2 cup vinegar and a packet of strawberry Kool-aid… and simmered for awhile.  When I was satisfied with the color saturation I pulled them out and ran them through the salad spinner.

100_0487

I am surprised at how bright the color is… almost florescent!

100_0496

I’m going to need to pick up some more Kool-aid… I hope to find a blue and lime green… I am still knitting – I have another 7 to stuff and still a lot of yarn to go.  I think from this point I’ll focus on the white wool so that I can dye them. 

I set these out on the porch in the sun for a while to dry some.

100_0498

They are so stinking cute!

3 comments:

swooze said...

Cute,

swooze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Chuckling--have you grown feathers since you're laying eggs? You're right--they are really cute!