I wanted to add some pictures of the eggs I have finished up to this point.
I did have a few that didn’t felt well – not enough stuffing in them – so now I know a little more is better than a little less. And I had one that the innards felted up but the shell apparently wasn’t a feltable wool… it was a leftover that I guessed wrong on.
Here is a batch right out of the washer… a little more round than egg shaped. I ran them through the salad spinner to remove excess water as the washer was set for no spin.
Then I gently rolled them into more of an egg shape.
I put some of the white ones from the first batch into a pot of water with 1/2 cup vinegar and a packet of strawberry Kool-aid… and simmered for awhile. When I was satisfied with the color saturation I pulled them out and ran them through the salad spinner.
I am surprised at how bright the color is… almost florescent!
I’m going to need to pick up some more Kool-aid… I hope to find a blue and lime green… I am still knitting – I have another 7 to stuff and still a lot of yarn to go. I think from this point I’ll focus on the white wool so that I can dye them.
I set these out on the porch in the sun for a while to dry some.
They are so stinking cute!