Saturday, March 14, 2009

Souper Saturday: If only I were Home...

Oh my... I wanted to make this the minute I saw it!  I've been thinking about it all week - the weather this past week here has been chilly and wet.  I think know this would hit the spot.  You know the spot... the one that says... "Ooooo MMmmmmm aaahhhh that was good".

Go over and take a look at Cathy's recipe for Cream of Roasted Tomato Soup over at The Noble Pig - then head to the store - make this and tell me how it was... oh and not that it matters but I really like Muenster cheese, or Provolone, or Sharp Cheddar, or.... well it don't matter - just please don't use plain ole plain ole cheese when you make the grilled cheese sandwiches - or samiches as my kids use to call them!

Come to think of it - as a little kid I use to eat just plain ole mayo spread (lightly) between 2 pieces of bread - yep I didn't like bologna which was offered up quite often in a family of 6 kids.  Just not a bologna kind of girl - although I've been told quite often I'm full of bologna... I'm not!  LOL

You know I realized after I'd hit publish that I should tell you about the Tomato soups I use to eat and eat now.

Campbell's Tomato Soup - made with milk - was the go to soup as a kid growing up.  Even as a young mother I made it this way. 

Later I would take a can of TS, half a can of water, a can of stewed tomatoes with the juice (crush the tomatoes up in your hand), and a small can of chopped green chilies... add a dollop of sour cream if you need the extra calories and some shredded cheddar cheese and call it Mexican Tomato Soup - yummy with a side of nachos - or skip the nachos and have 2 bowls.

I've recently found these Pacific Soups at Costco... The Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup is sooooo good.  Check out their web site to find locations near you that sell their products!

1 comment:

Bon said...

Those soups sound good. I made a good one last week with ground pork, chicken broth, picante sauce, nacho cheese soup, cummin and pepper. A dollop of sour cream tops it off.

How's the hitch? Hopefully its gone.