Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sure Wish I'd taken pictures first...

Do you get wrapped up in fixing 'events' that it never occurs to you to document what has happened until after...

Yeah that happens here a lot...

So here is a recent 'After' picture...

Suds

And this is after most of the suds have been washed away down the drain...

Where did they come from?

Stone House 107

Remember my new washer... the front loader that kept my Sweet Itty Bitty occupied on the day it was delivered...

That is where the suds came from...

When I came down early one morning and was fixing the dogs their breakfast - imagine my surprise when I looked down and saw NUTIN BUT SUDS in my washer.

The Engineer remembered where I showed him to put the soap... he remembered that I said to just use 'one'... he just didn't remember that I showed him the little TWO TABLESPOON measure that sits in a container on top of the washer - so he added just one whole cap full of the laundry soap.

I scooped at least 5 buckets full of suds out and he dumped them in the sink... Then I filled the washer with other stuff - set it for a quick wash and crossed my fingers.

I also took a quick look around for Lucy and Ethel... I was sure I saw them peeking around the corner...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope it worked, finger crossing always helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I can just imagine the mess! Susan has one of the modern front loaders and we were amazed at how much the machine could do with so little soap!

Next time try salt. It breaks down soap suds like magic.... (as a matter of fact, since you are going green--when you are trying to get the soap suds from your dishes and cleaning your kitchen, save water and sprinkle the suds with salt and wait a minute and then rinse. Like I said: magic!

xxoo
neen

Anonymous said...

I meant to say:

when you are trying to get the soap suds out of your sink, after doing any dishes and cleaning your kitchen, save water and sprinkle.....