I sure do...
And this is just the first haul from Friday morning - 16 gallons and 2 quarts - all the paint we need to paint the rooms on the second floor and the kitchen... I went back on Sunday to get the stuff for the first floor - 5 gallons of primer, 7 gallons of wall paint and 2 gallons of trim. Oh and I had already picked up the bathroom paint - so that was another gallon and a quart, oh and 2 previous gallons of primer...
Let me see - that adds up to... 33.75 GALLONS of paint...
Don't ya just love the names they have for paints? And with the 'color matching' gizmo they have I can collect paint chips from everywhere and get The Home Depot to make it up in Behr paint. Here's what I've got picked out...
- Chickery Chick (yellow) for the kitchen walls above the white & black tiles and a pretty Happy Blue for trim (can't find the paint chip so I'm calling it Happy Blue)
- Blush Beige (med. pink) for the walls in the guest room #1, Timber Trail (MmmMmmm chocolate!) for the trim
- Big Chill (lt. blue) for the walls in the office/guest room #2, Federal Blue (dark) and Blue Waltz (med.) for the trim & bookcase
- Golden Pond (med. brown) will be the trim in the hall and all the hall side of the doors will be Timber Trail with Golden Marguerites (yep... golden) for the accent
- Fennel (lt. green) will be in the Master Bedroom and Dressing Room with Greenscape (dark) for the trim
- Swiss Coffee (one of those many shades of white) will be splashed about the walls in the stairway, living room, entry and part of the dining room. Golden Pond (med. brown) will be the trim throughout - similar to what is already on the trim, just a tiny bit darker. Although I am pondering using the Timber Trail (chocolate) on the deep window sills in the living room - haven't decided yet.
- Polar Bear is the white for the bathroom above the white and black tiles... I may at some point put some color on the trim in there... but right now I'm happy with clean and fresh white!
And do you remember the blue walls and built in cabinet in the dining room... yeah that awful pastel blue. In this picture you can also see my then freshly sanded floors... they have been stained and finished since and they are pretty! But the blue still stunk... LOL
- Fennel (light green) for the two walls and Basil (med. green) for the cabinet and trim. The rest of the walls will be the Swiss Coffee as they lead into the stairway and living room. And yes - I'm sure some will look at the green and feel the same way I did about the pastel blue... but I happen to like the green better and I'm all about making me happy.
I know - it sure sounds like A LOT OF COLOR... but The Engineer has been giving me a hard time for years about painting things 'different shades of white'. So this will
fix him make him happy... and I'm happy about the colors too... they are all earthy and warm.
What's the sense in having all this paint and not having a helper?
My sister Darlin' spent several days here over the weekend. I had already primed this guest room and she's getting the pink on... and then we moved furniture from one place to the other and
we she primed the office/guest room on Tuesday before she left.
As you can see I have lots of things started - but not much completely done.
The bathroom needs to be finished - it's high on my
to do get it done list.
I wasn't able to paint in the shower area because you can't get the paint wet for 24 hours... and that's hard to do with 3 people living here. Now that The Engineer is out of town for the day and Darlin' is back home I can finish the painting in the shower area and make do without a shower at the end of the day...
I'll just go jump in the pool... aaaah!