Friday, February 22, 2013

This Weeks Knitting…

All that’s left on my needles are these socks…

2 Up Socks 3

I’m using a Kettle Dyed Lancaster Yarn… lovely blue color! 

Blue Kettle Dyed Sock 2

I have used this 2 at a time technique using a worsted weight yarn before – but using a fingering weight yarn is taking a lot of time… tap, tap, tap… so when I get bored with these socks I finished a scarf out of Botanical Knits by Never Not Knitting.  Here it is before I seamed it…

Botanical Knits Scarf 4

All finished and ready to send off to my daughter… I used a Baby Alpaca Tweed yarn by Plymouth Yarns… love the feel of that yarn.

Botanical Knits Scarf 6

And because that was done I pulled out a free pattern I had accessed from Ravelry… Edelweiss Neckwarmer.  I started it one evening and finished it the next - Very quick knit!  Well quick because I’m also working on a cold and haven’t been doing too much else.  I blame that movie theater full of people last week… I hate going to 7 PM movies – 5 PM movies have about six people there!

Ed Scarf 2

100_0419

This was a Universal Yarn – color is Wild Berries.  The pattern says that it’s adaptable to any weight yarn and you can easily change the length… so I’ll be making more of this pattern.

Check out what others are knitting on this week over at Judy’s Patchwork Times…

6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

The blue is gorgeous!
Love both scarves and will be adding both patterns to my collection.

Maggie said...

Your scarves are really lovely.

Beth said...

you have been busy. I love the scarves and can't wait to see the socks.

Gail said...

Ohh, that Blue yarn is gorgeous, and you have done some lovely lacework.

Diane Wagner said...

Love the blue yarn. Awesome color! I also like your botanical scarf. The pattern is really nice looking. Good job!

Greenmare said...

these are all so gorgeous!!!! and I love the socks, er toe warmers- you are working on! pretty yarns and fabulous talent you have!