Wednesday, February 6, 2013

New Habits…

They say that a new habit takes a certain number of days (something like 20 or so) to establish.

Over the past year and a half we have been eating better around here – less processed foods and sugars, gluten free when possible, more organic fresh fruits and veggies and meats/poultry without hormones and yada yada yada. We don’t crave the stuff that makes us feel bad and when we do have those things – well… we just don’t enjoy them quite as much as we use to.

But my new bad habit is tea.

  Teas

For Christmas my youngest girl gave me a glass tea tumbler from Teavana with a sampling of 2 of their teas she thought I’d enjoy – and she was right.  Imagine my delight when I found that there is a store at our local Mall.  It is no secret – I hate going shopping (unless it involves quilt or yarn shops).  But I will venture out to the mall for these teas.  In January I went out and selected a sampling of several teas… which we finished this past weekend – so earlier this week I made another trip out.  I enjoy Chai teas so I’ve been working my way through all the different ones they offer… and they offer quite a lot.  And let me tell you - this tumbler… I LOVE IT.  It keeps my tea hot for a long time so it’s nice to have here in the living room while I watch TV and knit.  Right now I’m loving the Toasted Nut Brulee and the Maharaja Chai Oolong teas and the White Ayurvedic Chai Tea… they will most likely remain regulars at our house. 

At least this is a healthy bad habit I’ve gotten involved in…

…unlike my friend Beth who has been sucked into the deep dark hole known as Pinterest.  So Beth if you are out there and you can hear me… “step away from the computer”!

Go make a cup of tea…

2 comments:

KASEYSMOM65 said...

I hear you!!! I'm trying. Louise got me to loving teas last holiday season. I'm going to check out that nifty tumbler at the local Teavana store....haven't ventured in yet...didn't want to become obsessed or anything...ya know??

gailss said...

Sounds like you might be on a good track and I do live tea so will check it out. Glad to hear you are doing well, now if the rest of can get with it?????
Gail