Monday, February 21, 2011

Two Weeks…

I am 2 weeks beyond the fall and just about 1 week post surgery… and I think I’m doing OK.  I’m putting a picture at the very bottom of this post – so if you don’t wanna see a few ‘pokie holes’ with stitches in my knee… well don’t look – although it really isn’t too gross.

The Dr.’s office said I could remove the wrapping on Friday when I called and cover the stitches with waterproof Band-Aids – the surgical wrap was slipping and rubbing the stitches and driving me nuts since the swelling had gone down quite a bit.  Today after my bath I took off those Band-Aids and took a picture before putting new ones on.  I think everything is looking good – in a knee full of ‘pokie holes’ kinda way.

Friday the stitches will come out at my Dr.’s visit… and I hope I can get a wheel chair for getting around the house.  Right now I’m using an office chair to roll myself to the bathroom because the walker was killing my right shoulder.  I may just end up in PT for it before my knee.

I’d like to say I’ve done lots of sewing – but I haven’t.  Last week I spent most of my spare time snoozing and this morning when I got the applique out I found that it bothers my shoulder… so I may just try out some knitting and see how that goes.

My knee (well at least a picture of the knee) is down there…

 

 

 

 

 

 

stitches 2-21

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty!

Judy said...

Sounds like you are doing well....but, please don't try to do too much! I don't want to read thst you ended up in the ER again!

gailss said...

Looking pretty good and hope it feels good too. Glad you are doing well and keep up the good work!

Barbara said...

Looks good to me. Amazing.....all that they can do in those tiny holes !

smiledarlin said...

Really looks good...
I know those little ones are keeping you entertained.
Hopefully the Dr can help you with the pain in your shoulder also- maybe some PT excersise you can do at home sitting.

MH said...

yup you got a holy knee for sure !
Your in tough shape ! I hope you can get a wheel chair . maybe an electric . I'm not sure if I would trust you with one of those , LOL !
Bummer you can't applique !
Maybe some EQ !

Hope you heal fast and get back to your usual ,fun !till then enjoy the moment of being still you'll have a lot of time to make up for when your back at it all again.
look at mu blog and see what I have been up to : )

Mary

Lori said...

knee looks pretty good. The stitches look like you have ants on your knee. You know--the little buggers than come out in the summer when its warm. COME ON SPRING!!