Friday, April 30, 2010

Privy Bags

Last weekend I found this book at a local printshop/bookstore.  I was intrigued by the title and without spending any more time looking through it I made my purchase and brought it home to enjoy.

privy quilts 001

Later that evening I sat down to enjoy my new find… What it is is a Catalog to accompany a showing of Lancaster County Privy Quilts by the Historical Society of the Cocalico ValleyHey, wait a minute - that’s where I live… that’s the local historical society!  And you know what… this showing is still happening – at least until May 15th! 

So if you’ve got an inclination to travel to Lancaster County, PA this show is open on Thursdays and Saturdays, 10 AM – 4 PM.  The Historical Society’s Museum is located at 249 West Main Street, Ephrata, PA. 

This catalog of Privy Quilts would be a delightful addition to any quilters book collection and I am looking forward to seeing them in person very soon.

No comments: