Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lancaster AQS 2010… part 3

Tired of looking at gadgets?  This is the last post of what I accumulated at the show…

Lancaster 10 033I picked up Deb Tucker’s Wing Clipper Ruler… neat ruler (including cheat sheet with cutting sizes) to trim up flying geese from 1” to 10” wide…  her demo was great, she had a board prepared that showed step by step how to make the flying geese using the modifications she uses in the process, then she showed the trim up method using her ruler.  I can probably screw it up – but she’s really tried to make it fool proof… I’ll let you know how it goes when I use it.

I picked up George Siciliano’s new 12” Triple Duty Seam Allowance Guide.  I don’t do a lot of Paper Piecing but recently was frustrated with some efforts in testing something out… so I’ll give this a go.  I expect it to resolved the issues I encountered.  Have you ever watched George sew… amazing the small, teeny, tiny blocks he puts out and he makes it look so easy.  I’d like to take a class at some point in the future… you know… when I have nothing else to do… LOL 

I also brought home a Binding Tool – it will be nice to have a set procedure for connecting the ends… I always seem to fiddle with it – often not leaving enough of a tail or not enough or too much space between… My only question (which I only thought of after the fact) is what size binding (2 1/2” or 2 1/4”) does it work with or does it matter?  I’ve sent an email to the company I purchased it from… hopefully I’ll hear back soon – I suppose I could always just make a test myself...

And another set of templates… because hey… can we have too many templates?

Beyond that I joined AQS… so came home with 3 spools of thread and a magazine.  I also spent a few minutes chatting with Eleanor Burns as she signed one of her books for me… A Quick Trip.  I picked up a simple pattern/fabric kit for those wine glass coasters and a Snap Happy pattern by Stitchin’ Sisters for a small bag that uses the metal ruler tape as a closure.  Cute, cute, cute…

My husband may not let me go to any shows again… ever!

1 comment:

Diane said...

thanks for sharing all your shopping treasures, how fun. I'm going to the show next year, (stamping foot here) I had to go to a wedding this year, which was fun, I guess...