Monday, March 29, 2010

Lancaster AQS 2010… part 1

Well that was fun!

So much fun that I can’t put it all in one post… because I talk too much…

First let me say that the best thing about any quilt show is the opportunity to get together with other quilters who have come around to enjoy the experience also.  Over the past several days I’ve had the pleasure of not only reconnecting with folks I’ve met before – but to also get to know some that I’ve only known in this wonderful ‘virtual world’ of the internet.  More on quilters later…

I want to talk about the “Retail Therapy” - an important feature of any good quilt show.  And since I haven’t been to a quilt show in a very long time… I had some catching up to do… LOL

I didn’t get much in the way of fabric… after all I do live in Lancaster county and work part time in a quilt shop… but I did pick up a couple things.  One was a package of some Daiwabo Taupe nickel squares from Pinwheels – they will go Lancaster 10 030nicely with a set I snagged a few years ago at the Nashua, NH show.  Photos of these fabrics just do not do them justice.  I later found a small Jacobean style panel that has all the colors I love and it will be fun at some point to plan something around it – it was $1.50 so I actually snagged 2 of them.  I also picked up a package of 5” strips – 7 different prints cut the WOF in nice vintage blues from the same vendor.

There is one special project I’m planning that needed something special… and I believe I’ve found it in the hand Lancaster 10 029dyed products by Cherrywood Fabrics.  Ooooo they are  wonderful colors - soft and cozy feeling colors… comforting colors.  Because I need a little bit of a lot of colors I purchased 2 of their grab bags which have approx. 2 yards of fabric each in 7” x 10” pieces.  The picture above is all the fabrics sorted and combined.  I’m looking forward to cutting into these…

1 comment:

Diane said...

ohhh lovely fabrics, drooling.