Friday, March 19, 2010

Apply Brakes Here…

I know we’ve all been awaiting Spring… but I’m not nearly ready for time to go Marching along so fast… slow down some already!

So what’s been up with me?… Well - I’ve made a couple of unplanned but necessary road trips.  My mind isn’t quite organized (which is a normal state for me usually but trust me when I say it’s worse than usual… LOL).  My house isn’t back in order and it’s starting to bother me (and I’m usually pretty flexible about stuff like that… LOL).  I’ve got tons of quilting stuff to do – too much to make a list.  I’m making a pair of fingerless gloves for sale for a co-worker of my daughter… about half-done and not something I can procrastinate on. 

I need to take care of some home issues – like updating a quote on windows, throwing around some grass seed and putting up some fences to keep the dogs out of the areas, trim up the grape vine (a little late but what the heck) then there is the garden to plan… and, and, and… the list is too long to think about.

The Lancaster Quilt Show is next week and I’m soooo looking forward to seeing a bunch of quilty friends – some I’ve only known online – so I’m excited to actually get to know them in 3D.

Oh and exciting news on a personal quilty level… I’m designing a quilt for a shop-hop!  Can’t discuss details but I’m excited that they liked my design and I need to get on about the business of writing the pattern up and testing it.

Then there is a July (?) Quilty Gathering to set a date for…

So - if you see what looks like a small tornado in Lancaster County… it’s probably just my head spinning off…

3 comments:

Diane said...

well, congrats on the quilt designing sounds like a lot of work/fun! I think my best friend and you are twins....her head spins off rather regularly! :) She also gets a lot done so maybe your on to something!

Dawn-Marie said...

If you need help testing the pattern let me know.

Judy said...

I think I know what Shop Hop that design might be for....and I'm excited. Sure do miss seeing you at Southampton Quilts!