Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It's been one year (late June) since we bought this Old Stone House...

...one short year in it's 153 year history.

2

Before above and After below... bushes were way overgrown in the front and hiding her beauty.

6-30-09 Stone House 004

sandstone house 086 

Before above and After below... huge tree stump is gone, area is mulched, some perennials and flowers, and less weeds.

6-30-09 Stone House 005

We have a few projects planned for this summer...  some roofing and gutter work and the most exciting... 12 new windows with full screens will be installed on the first floor.  WooHoo!  I can't tell you just how excited I am about that project!  We hope that later this fall or next spring we will be able to finish off the 2nd and 3rd floor windows.

I still have lots of painting to do... lots and lots of painting to do... LOL

We do love this house - even with all the work we've done and the work still on the Honey Do list... We love this house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I love it, too, and everything you've done to treat the old lady special. Good work. I can't wait to see her!

xxoo
neen

Bon said...

Wow, 1 year already. You've made it look very nice. I love that house too.

Greenmare said...

ooooooooooooo it's lovely!!! and you are making it lovelier! I bet you are doing a happy dance about those windows!!