Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week 16... wish I could count them...

But the yardage used this week was my nieces... I cut and she pieced.  She designed the back - using the leftover blocks from making the flying geese for the front.  We split the backing and expanded it to be big enough.  She ended up with two really pretty sides don't ya think?  This is the back - before we trimmed all the excess off...

Taylors Quilt 002

and the front...

Taylors Quilt 004

I have to say... Judy is thinking that if she falls off the wagon by buying fabric next week at Paducah that she's gonna give up on reporting!  Now I gotta say... someone with 171 yards used so far this year ought to be able to freshen up the supply every once in a while.  So cut yourself some slack there Judy... and take pictures of your goodies to share!  LOL

My daughter from Mass is here for the weekend and we are busy running around to antique shops and she's working on a painted floorcloth for her kitchen before she heads back Monday!  It's sure been nice to have both her and The Engineer around the table for meals this weekend!

Oh and I haven't forgotten... I did tell ya I had Big News to share!

I'm going to be working part time a couple days each week at the quilt shop!  How Cool is that??  I'll start in a couple weeks... WaaaHooo!  The plan is to work for awhile so the owner can catch up on the quilts she's got in for the long arm part of the business - and we will see after that.  I have missed working in a quilt shop so I'm very excited!!  Although it's probably not good news for my stash reduction efforts...

OH WAIT.... I did have a 1/2 yard reduction in my stash... I gave a half yard of Hill Country Spring to my sister... I'll have to make sure I update my spreadsheet - I need to track all the negative amounts I can.  LOL

3 comments:

Bon said...

Well, you should be in your glory getting to work in a shop again. I'm happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Hope you enjoy your new job. I love the photo of your niece using your quilting machine. That's so cool to be passing on your skills to the next generation. Wish my girls would get interested in quilting. Maybe when they're older? Take care -- Dianne B. in England

Lori in South Dakota said...

sounds like your life is going to be different and fun. Yes, Judy could cut herself some slack, especially if she shows us what she buys!