Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Vintage Fan...

As we were poking around at Antique places this past weekend I ran across this old quilt.  These pictures just don't do it justice.

IMG00339

It sure was purdy!!

IMG00340

I wish I had unfolded it more to see how the other edges were finished... but once I saw the price tag of $175 - I knew I wasn't going to buy it.  So I snapped these couple pics with my cell phone figuring I'd draw it up in EQ...

Since I didn't pay attention to how the edges on the other side were finished - I'm guessing they rounded those squares off... it just didn't look right if I left the corners on them.

Here is what I can figure out in EQ...

Vintage Fan 02

I've used a light yellow in place of the muslin/white so that it would show up and I used one color throughout the small center curves where the original has several colors.

Another one of those 'one day' quilts... you know... one day I'd like to make this!

No comments: