Friday, December 19, 2008

Timing is everything...

We all know and understand that concept...

You arrive for dinner someplace and sit right down and not 10 minutes later the place is full and people are waiting...

You get the last of the groceries in the door and the skies open up and dogs, cats, fish and a few hippos come raining down...

Some times these things work against you... like a car window falling out of it's track on Christmas Eve... as your daughter arrived home from finishing her holiday shopping with her bonus... yeah...

I took my glasses off yesterday morning and...

broke

... yeah... just that easy!   Good news is that I haven't had them a year yet so it won't really cost me any money.  Bad news is that the eye place is back where we use to live - which will require another 35 minute trip when the new glasses come in - hopefully next week... but with the holidays and all... who knows?

Your kids want to drive down to visit for the holidays... and they are now forecasting snow for at least one of their travel days...

... this morning I couldn't wait and take the chance of not getting train tickets... so I booked them both on Amtrak and I splurged and put them in Business Class... that wasn't necessarily as much for their comfort as it was for mine.  I won't have to listen to any whining when they get here about the train being over crowded.

I've got some baking to do today... there is pumpkin bread that needs to be made (the puree has thawed) and I'm thinking it's a great day for Corned Beef Stew... mmmm yeah that sounds yummy and will last us through the weekend for lunches too!  I need to get the spiced nuts made too... that always makes the house smell yummy!

1 comment:

Bon said...

If my glasses broke, I'd be dead in the water. Glad it is not going to cost you anything to get them fixed -- except a roadtrip.

Have a Merry Christmas.