Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oh my….

It’s been about a month since I last rambled through here…

During that time:

  • I put 4,000 miles on my car – to SC, on to TX, back to SC, and back home to PA plus all the driving around the Ft. Worth area
  • Took my 9 and 4 year old grand kids with me on my road trip
  • Celebrated my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary!
  • Enjoyed visiting and reconnecting with family
  • Ate biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast 7 days in a row
  • Walked the “Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards” at least 3 different times
  • Watched the Stockyards Cattle Drive 3 times (herd of about 18 Longhorns) 
  • Watched 4th of July fireworks from a parking garage
  • Went to the Science Museum twice
  • Laid on a bed of nails! Twice!
  • Visited a Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum
  • Ate BBQ and Mexican food whenever I could
  • Returned home a few days early
  • Spent a week sitting in the hospital with my MIL

A few pictures…

Kai Cowboy

New boots and belt… and eventually a hat and vest.

Kai prep

He would lay out his clothes at night…

Kai prep 2

He wore the boots, belt, vest and hat everywhere and everyday of the rest of his vacation…

Keao Cowgirl

Miss K All decked out with boots, hat & vest…

Yahoo 2

Yeee Haw!

Scared

My baby girl trying to get a kiss… but he was too scared…

I had fun, the kids had fun and were on their best behavior… I would take them again in a heartbeat!

I’m tired of all the sitting around in the hospital… hospital furniture is not comfortable and I think I have a permanent kink in my neck from knitting while sitting.

I went to the gym yesterday… and quickly began to regret a few of those biscuit and gravy breakfasts… not all… but a few.

1 comment:

straythreads said...

What a wonderful gramma you are!! you sound like my mother when my kids were small. Miss her hope some day I am a gramma like that.