Monday, July 26, 2010

New Week…

And the most important thing is we have some new air out there now.  Yeah – the AC is off and the windows are open… at least for a day or two.  It has been too, too hot and way too humid around here.  But the higher than normal heat has been the story just about everywhere… so I’ll stop complaining now.

I went to the Hershey Quilt Show this past weekend… and although I tried to not buy anything… I did come home with a couple a few several things.

hershey show 004

The fabric on the right goes with the Civil War Flying Geese pattern on the left… oooo this was pretty… a little applique and flying geese – what could be easier?  And it’s wall hanging size so it should be do-able… this will go on my University Class List (although I’m afraid the point of attending was to get stuff done that you already had on hand… ooops! my bad!)

The top left pattern Maddie Bea’s is a pattern and template set that I found intriguing and thought would make a good future class… so I’ll tell you more later after I’ve had some time to play with it.

The other two patterns are charm patterns and were just too cute… so they came home with me as well.

I’ve made progress this weekend on my Aunt Grace’s Circle of Friends BOM sample.  You know I’ve never done a BOM and didn’t think I’d enjoy the process… but I have enjoyed making these blocks.  I have the pieced blocks done and am now on to the applique parts and then on to assembly and borders.

Aunt Grace

I need to get off the couch and get busy – maybe I’ll vacuum while it’s cool here in the house… or there’s always the laundry that doesn’t seem to do it’s self either, or I could pour another cup of coffee and go sit on the porch and watch the fish. 

2 comments:

Diane said...

oh my gosh you sound like me--coffee and watch the fish is what I'd do if I had fish...I'll just have to watch Otis chase bird shadows (yes my Westie is a little off in the head we think) He never looks up and sees the bird flying over his head, he stares at the ground and chases their shadows. It is hilarious.
I love your fabrics for the flying geese and your design wall blocks.
The windows are open here too- Hallalujah!! even if it is short lived!

Judy said...

They were just too pretty to leave behind so the bundle of 14 blue and green Batik fat quarters followed me home today from SQ. Oh..I think those might end up on my list for Quilt College. Cheryl, don't feel bad. All of us will be sneaking in a few "new" UFO's before Beth's deadline.