Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Want…

I want to do this…

fresh air

I want to throw open the windows and let the fresh cool air in!

But what I want and what I get are usually two different things.  So the windows are closed and the A/C’s are running and it’s HOT, HOT, HOT out there… oh and humid too!

Last year a couple of quilty friends came to visit. Not one to waste the opportunity I invited several other quilty friends and we had a mini-retreat.

This year we are doing it all over again… more friends, more food, more sewing!  I can’t open my windows but I’m going to fill my house with quilty friends (and a local motel too!).  We will spend the weekend down at the quilt shop sewing… There can’t be a better way to spend a weekend in July! 

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oh sounds like cool fun!
I'm going to the basement for sewing/quilting-- too hot to do anything else.
amazing to think so few months ago we were buried in snow!

Barbara said...

Cheryl................it's pretty opressive up here right now, too. I've traveled all over the country with my husband the last 25+ years and the hottest place we've been is July in PA Dutch country.

Lori said...

that sounds like so much fun!

Bon said...

Hope you have a great time.

May said...

It may have been hot and humid outdoors but we spent most of our time in the quilt shop workroom where it was pleasantly cool. We all enjoyed a good quilty time sewing, talking, eating and just plain hanging out. Thank you Howdy for a great time, May