Friday, February 15, 2008

I've been Tagged Twice... 7 Random Things

I've been tagged by 2 people with this... Thanks Teri and Giz -- so here goes - in no particular order -- but first...

THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Since I've been tagged twice... here are 14 things about me...

One: I always stop. When they play the National Anthem on TV for a NASCAR race or a sporting event - I stop what I'm doing and I watch. I don't continue sewing, or cooking, or talking - I stop and I watch and I listen. Each and every time it moves me - I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.
Two: I hate doing laundry. I taught my kids early to do their own laundry... DH use to do his also but now that I'm the Domestic Diva / Helpful Housewife that I am I do both of ours. But I still don't turn clothes right side out - if it comes to me inside out and the washer doesn't turn it right side out... it gets folded that way.
Three: I don't like to argue a point with folks. I'm perfectly happy letting you go off and be wrong than to stand my ground to prove I'm right. I figure if it's important - you'll figure it out and if not... then it don't matter anyway.
Four: I enjoyed history, science, and math in school. Since we moved a lot I enjoyed learning the state history for the different states we lived in. I was always fascinated by science whether it was studying about the life in our oceans, the geology of our earth, or the weather that surrounds us.
Five: As a kid I loved to run. I remember living in Maine, Ohio, North Dakota and Kansas (just to name a few) and running out in the fields of grasses or wild flowers. Just running around... being a kid. Now I'd be happy to just walk fast in a field of wild flowers.
Six: Sometimes I wish I was more than I am. You know - had gone to college, had some sort of professional career - that sort of thing. But then I know that if I had done that I wouldn't have the kids that I have and they wouldn't be the people they are. I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. So - really deep down I am content to have what I have and be who I am and do what I do.
Seven: I love Sci-Fi and Action Adventure shows and movies. I'm not interested in the blood and guts horror movies.
Eight: I'd rather run naked up the highway than to host a garage/tag/yard sale. I hate them, hate them, hate them!
Nine: I love to travel. Be it by car, train, or airplane - I wish I could do it more.
Ten: I have a hard time accepting compliments concerning my quilting... I'm actually still surprised that others like what I do or like the colors/fabrics I put together.
Eleven: I love old houses. I love the character of them - the detail - the workmanship.
Twelve: I love flowers - they just make me happy.
Thirteen: Plain ice cream is OK - but put nuts and chocolate chips on it and you've got my full attention. Throw on some chocolate sauce and strawberries... ummm, ummmmm, yummy!
Fourteen: I spend way too much time with this laptop sitting on my lap.

I'm not tagging 7 folks because - anyone I could think of have already been tagged... so if you haven't done this kinda thing recently... please by all means invite yourself along and do the link back and all that stuff.

Now I really do have to go clean my house... The Engineer is sitting right over there at his desk working from home... and I'm sure he knows I haven't done anything constructive yet.

2 comments:

smiledarlin said...

So if we knew ALL of those things about you does that still make them weird or random?
These are the reasons we love ya!

Anonymous said...

you forgot one ! You do twice as much as you need too ! LOL !



Mary