Friday, February 1, 2008

Don't use hairspray naked...

Yeah, that's my lesson for today... Don't use hairspray naked.

I'm always more than happy to learn new things... and share my findings! So this is my lesson for today.

Those of you who know me know that I'm all about quick and easy short hair. Just look over at the picture of me with my Granddaughter in the side bar - yep that's us being chomped on by a great white shark. You'll see - my hair is short and straight and there ain't NO FLUFF to it at all. I've only seen 2 different stylists over the past 20 years and neither of them has ever sold me any 'hair product'. I don't like stuff - I especially don't like sticky stuff - just blow-dry my hair, shake it out and I'm good to go!

Well... I have enough to think about with trying to find a new Dr., Dentist, Eye Dr., insurance folks, etc., bla, bla. bla! So I figured I'd just let my hair grow out... you know the path of least resistance is doing nothing at all - right? RIGHT!

But my bangs are hanging in my eyes... and if I part it - it doesn't stay over there <<<< like it should because it has no body. So I went to the store and picked out something that said it was a root lifter... and also got a hair spray that holds without being sticky.

This morning I tried them out after my shower. Dried my hair using the root lifter to add a bit of body - brushed it into place and spritz, spritz, spri..... yikes!! That hair-spray tickles when the excess spray hits ya... if you haven't slipped into your robe yet...

And that's my lesson for the day - ya gotta put your clothes on before you spritz your head with hair-spray.

4 comments:

Gizmo said...

Thanks! I never would've known this. Although, I don't use many hair products either. ;)

smiledarlin said...

I meant to remind you - when you went back to Mass to go by and see your hairdresser...
Also remember: don't have your glasses around your neck when you spray hairspray.

Dawn-Marie said...

As a person with long hair I can tell you yep tht is a big no no.LOL Wow this is the first time your blog has let me post in a while.

Dawn-Marie

Howdy said...

Not sure why you've had problems Dawn... let me know if it continues.