Friday, January 18, 2013

On The Needles…

Judy Laquidara from Patchwork Times hosts an “On The Needles” post each week… Please go and check out what others are knitting this week!

What mine should be titled is “What’s BACK on the Needles”.

Earlier this week I had posted a picture of this cowl finished… but I wasn’t entirely happy with it.  The pattern is in Creative Knitting Magazine – Keep it Casual Cowl on page 52.

 Red Cowl

I decided I wanted a little more up around the neck – so I undid the bind off and picked up all the stitches.

Red Cowl undo

This went along a lot better than I expected – there was no screaming or crying involved… and no panicked trip to the yarn shop for help either… (which I’ve done a couple times this past month) LOL

I had picked up an additional ball of yarn this morning whilst out for my knee appt. and errands so Edna (yarn shop owner) knew she might be seeing me again before too long if things didn’t go well.

I also came home with a couple more little projects… (sigh…)

1 comment:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is nice that you have found a friendly yarn shop that is happy to help you out. It is great business sense because happy customers return - plus as you get a little more experience you will try new patterns! I have been to some yarn shops where the people are so rude I just leave. I have also been to many lovely yarn shops and I always look forward to returning! Cheers! Evelyn