Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tis The Season…

At least that’s what I have heard… hard to tell here with the weather being so warm.

But I’m not complaining… my folks came up north to visit for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving and since they are from Texas it was much easier on everyone to have the temps in the very moderate range.  I only had one miserable trip driving down to VA to pick them up from my brothers house – all the other trips were fine… well - if you completely ignore all the idiots out there driving around – but that’s a whole different subject. 

So is anyone going out Shopping on Super Saturday?  LOL - Not me!  I went out to one department store last week at a local Mall to take advantage of a 2 day sale.  I went in – directly to the department I had business in – selected my items and checked out.  It didn’t help that I didn’t feel good (the beginnings I’d later learn of a 24 hour bug – bleah) all I wanted to do was get back out the door. 

My sewing room was yet again rearranged to accommodate guests.  You would think I’d finally “get it” that using the day bed for storing bins and bags and stacks of stuff/projects/fabric isn’t a good idea.  Apparently I’m a slow learner…

So not much sewing going on – but I did finish (no picture) a smaller version of the Swoon quilt as a shop sample.  The pattern called for 9 blocks – I made 6 blocks to finish it off closer to a twin bed size quilt - by adding a 6 inch outer border it finished at 66 x 92.  This is a good pattern to use up some of those coordinating fat quarter you have – but you will need FQ’s that have a full 18” of width.  There is no extra for errors in cutting… I have a couple blocks where I had to sew pieces together to accommodate an error on my part. 

Here is a pic of the grandkids in Hawaii!

Christmas 11

Happy Holiday’s Everyone!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful picture Cheryl. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Barbara said...

I agree with Judy, Cheryl. Love your granddaughter's glasses !
Merry Christmas !

Barbara said...

And is that nail polish on her toes ?

Howdy said...

LOL yes it is polish on her toes! I did make note of Miss K's 'slippers' as they are called in Hawaii... better known to the rest of us as sandals.

MH said...

Great picture !

Merry Christmas to you and hoping you have a wonderful New Year !!!