Thursday, May 22, 2008

How you tell time depends on where you are in life...

Many years ago when I worked full time for a School Department Business Office I was aware of the Date. So much of what we did in the office was Date Driven. School calendar, maintenance contracts, bids for supplies and services, etc.

When I changed jobs and worked as a Nanny - I knew what Day of the Week it was because I worked on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. But I never knew what the Date was...

When I worked at the Quilt Shop - I was all about the Weekends... I worked the Weekends - the rest of the week didn't matter. If The Engineer had time off through the week it really messed me up because if he was home it seemed like it must be the Weekend... but I wasn't working... something was wrong!

Now that I don't work... and The Engineer works from home... I know when it's time for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner... that's it! Everyday is the same as the next or the last...

Unless he's traveling and I don't really have to cook... then I can tell the difference between day and night...

If the blinds are open.

And it isn't overcast and raining...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hilarious and I never thought of it before...but you are right on with this one.

Anonymous said...

haha Your so right!