Friday, May 31, 2013

Community Supported Agriculture…

Or CSA for those who want an easy out for that mouthful!

We joined Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative this year. Their CSA program provides “seasonal, local, Certified Organic produce year - round.  The Cooperative is built on family-owned farm partnerships to produce sustainable food from some of the best, nutrient-rich soil in the country - right here in Lancaster County.”

I’ve created another blog to document our CSA journey… Clean Living and Eating – a little bit of rambling about the new foods (to me) and what I do with them.  So if you are interested you can mosey over there to take a look.

On this Blog I talk more about my family and hobbies… over there I’ll limit it to the CSA – organic foods and simple living.

Now back to family…

We made a trip out to South Carolina mid-May to visit with the grand kids!  Not nearly long enough…

Here we are leaving for a carriage tour through Charleston.

Charleston tour

The littlest one (2 in July) loves this little scooter and rides it very well.  Mom is going to have to rustle up a helmet.

Keanu scooter

The oldest turned 9!!!! She had helpers opening presents.

Birthday presents

The little guy is just too funny… he was enjoying a chocolate beater… look at my shirt!

choc beater

Pops got to watch Kai surf early one morning.  “Pops did you see me surfing – I was awesome!”  The boy is too funny!

Charleston beach

We had lunch one day at a crab shack place.  We taught the little guy how to open and eat boiled peanuts… too cute!  He would pull a piece of shell off hold it out for me to see and then start to bring it towards his mouth – his way of asking if he could eat that part.  I’d shake my head no… and he’d throw it in the bucket in the middle of the table. 

Keanu peanuts

It is a long drive out there but one I’ll gladly do again and again!

No comments: