I spent the weekend working on a small banner for a church event for my granddaughter.
I wish this picture was better… the background fabric is from a piece of hand dyed fabric I received many years ago from an online friend Leora – I lost contact with her many years ago but the fabric is the perfect blend of purple and pinks for this project – so Thanks Leora wherever you are!
I decided to fuse white fabric to the batiks to keep them bright – fusing them directly to the black would have darkened them – so those stained glass pieces are like cardboard and make the cross rather stiff – I won’t be stitching through those! Since this - as you see it - is only 11” x 13” it’s not going to need much more than to have some stitching to outline the cross. There will also be black borders to bring it to 13” x 18”. I’ll need to get my granddaughters name on the border in some fashion too.