Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Really - Late November Already?

There are times when I just don’t know what happened to the day…

Or month… and a half…

Well - all right Yes… I was up in New England for 3 of those weeks and had the opportunity to hug on some quilty friends, work at Southampton Quilts during the Massachusetts Shop Hop, hang out with my kids, visit some friends I hadn’t seen in a couple years… eat some wonderful foods… knit… and spend a long quilty weekend at my annual retreat with friends at “A Quilters Gathering” quilt show up in Manchester, NH.

Then I came home… spent one day unpacking and doing laundry and the next day throwing up.  Goodness… being sick can sure knock you for a loop.  Then - that very first weekend I was back - we traveled down to VA to visit with my sister-in-law and attend a business related event with The Engineer.  Before leaving VA on Sunday we helped my SIL with a mountain of leaves from all those blasted lovely trees surrounding her house.  I spent a fair amount of time using the leaf blower… which I paid for over the next several days with an arm that was next to useless.  That blower didn’t seem like it was too heavy… all I can figure is that the vibration in it drowned out my muscles telling me they were done working.

This week I’m suppose to be painting the master bedroom… which needs to be done before we can install the new flooring we hauled home this weekend. 

Have you ever driven your car with the seat pulled ALL THE WAY UP?  I did on Saturday with approx. 210 square feet of bamboo flooring in the back.  If the air bag had gone off it would have crushed me flat… I was so close I couldn’t even see the speedometer… I had to duck sideways to put the visor back up as I couldn’t see to drive with it down.  I had to keep my hands at 11 and 1… and I had to remove the head rest so I didn’t feel so claustrophobic.  The Engineer who was suffering the same situation in the passenger seat wanted to stop for lunch on the way home… HA!  I told him we would drive home – leave my car in the driveway and take his car to lunch… I had to get out of this car and wasn’t getting back in until I could move my seat back.  For a short person I don’t sit close to the steering wheel… so this was way too much for me.

I’ve been doing a fair amount of knitting and need to get some pictures… hopefully by the end of the week I’ll be back to show you what I’ve been working on and have finished!

Here are a couple of pictures from Halloween from South Carolina.  Looks like a western theme for my daughter and the kids… not sure who (or what) their friend is… LOL

Halloween 2013 (4)

And here are my daughter and son-in-law… she always loves to dress up for Halloween.

Halloween 2013 (1)

1 comment:

MH said...

Great Pictures !!
I was wondering where you were !
Got be careful doing leaves !!
I was laid up for days after doing mine . I think it is time to hire out , were not getting any younger you know . It was great seeing you !!! I'm glad you stopped by !