Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

To my busted knee…

Yesterday was the one year mark of that one little step sideways off the porch that changed my life.  It was a long year that went very quickly… if that makes any sense at all.

I still have a lot of work to do – as I’m sure anyone who has knee problems or has suffered an injury knows.  And the fact that I’m in my later 50’s makes it all that more important to get everything I can from my knee and then work hard to keep it.

Last week when I was at my sisters I used her bicycle exerciser and that was good to keep my knee in action – but here this week at my Mom’s house I have been sitting a lot which has not been good and I can feel the difference – so I’ve been going out and ‘shopping’… wandering around stores… fortunately I’m not inclined to buy while I’m ‘shopping’.

I’ll be so happy to get back to the gym when I get home… and who would have ever thought those words would come outta my mouth!

6 comments:

smiledarlin said...

WOW- a year already. You have done great getting your range of motion back- so determined. I know it was a long road you have been down.

Judy said...

The saying "use it or lose it" is so true. I am so much better when I keep moving. Congratulations Cheryl on working so hard this past year to regain movement in your knee.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Cheryl! I know you have been diligent with your recovery. Man, our muscles are harder to talk to, later on, aren't they??!!

Hope your trip is going well, as well.

I miss your face!
neen

swooze said...

I'm really impressed with your recovery and drive to rehab your new. As you know you'll be glad you put in the work later in life.

Anonymous said...

I was so impressed with you and the exercises you taught me at the retreat for my shoulder. Keep up the good work.

Melinda

Anonymous said...

tpursed Ang.I was so impressed with you and the exercises you taught me at the retreat for my shoulder. Keep up the good work.

Melinda