Saturday, February 14, 2009

Progress this week...

It's always nice to be able to draw a line through some items on your UFO list.  This is a quilt I started fairly recently - Oct 08 -  A 4 Patch Stacked Posie with 4 sizes of squares set on point using one of the Posh fabrics and a yellow fusions as background.  As it is it measures 78 x 94.  I still need to add a 3 or 4 inch border of the background fabric - but it's fine for now for display at the shop.

Posh 4PSP 014

I also finished this one that has been around for awhile - another 4 Patch Stacked Posie I started in Jan 07 but only completed 9 of the blocks - enough to use as a sample for classes.

I actually found another 1.5 yards of the Hoffman Vintage Garden floral online and have ordered it...  I'd like to use this on my king size bed - so I'll put on a black border to frame this and then add the floral to make the whole thing big enough.

4PSP Log Cabin 008

4PSP Log Cabin 014 

A fruitful week - considering I'm still tired - but I'm getting better each day.

I also ran into the knitting shop - she had stuff on sale and figured it was a good time to pick something else up.  I bought 2 of the sock weight yarns and smaller double pointed needles to use with the toe up pattern I'm taking a class on.  I started this last night and hope to get this sock knitted up to the heal part over the weekend.

socks 002 . 

On Monday our class continues and we will turn the heal - this denim looking blue DK weight sock is all ready to go back to class.

socks 001

I won't be buying any more sock yarn until I get these done... I figure once I know what I'm doing it will probably go along pretty quickly.  Probably should have taken a beginners class... I laughed inside my head when the shop owner said something about gauge... and I just stood there and smiled because I haven't got a clue... not even a hint. 

I see a beginners class in my future...

No comments: